70°F and partly cloudy.
7:00 am, 46°F.
This thing was, like, fifteen feet tall.
When I first started driving a truck I didn’t have a cell phone to use for my alarm. My trainer showed me a clock called a Screaming Meanie. This alarm clock has a volume switch with lo, med and hi settings. The hi is indeed very loud.
To hear the iPhone X alarm at full volume lock the screen and place the phone out of view of your face.
I just got an iPhone X (am I a fool?) and it seems that the alarm volume drops when the phone is unlocked. If you use Face ID and you are looking at the screen then it is most likely unlocked and the alarm volume will be soft.
If the phone is locked when the alarm goes off it will be at full volume until you pick it up and look at it.
2. Don’t buy shoes you aren’t willing to walk a mile in.
3. Don’t change clothes to walk. Go as you are.
4. Don’t drive to a park or trail, start walking from right where you are.
5. Take short walks, 10, 15, 20 minutes. Stop even if you are still full of energy. Leave yourself wanting more.
6. Go slow. What’s the hurry?
7. Walk anytime. Walk in the rain, snow, heat. Walk after dark.
8. Walk anywhere. Walk along busy streets, country roads, construction zones.
9. Get wet, muddy, cold.