I just put together a new computer with the following components:
- Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Western Digital RE4 WD1003FBYX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5″ Internal Enterprise Hard Drive -Bare Drive
- Fractal Design Arc Midi Black High Performance PC Computer Case w/ USB 3.0 and 3 x Fractal High Performance 140mm fans
- LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner,3D Play Back (WH14NS40)
- Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
- CORSAIR XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1600C9
I was able to install Ubuntu 10.04 with no problems, but when I try to boot from the Ubuntu 12.04 Live CD it freezes up. I discovered that I can change some boot parameters which will give me a verbose output during the boot process. To change those settings you hit any key as soon as this appears.
Then you should get this screen. Hit the F6 key to change some parameters. When you hit escape you are able to edit the boot parameters. I’m still working on getting the Ubuntu 12.04 Live CD to boot. I will update this page if I have anything helpful to share. See below for some resources.
The most helpful page I’ve found so far is this one:
This page has similar information:
Here is a link to a post on Askubuntu.com that deals with this problem: