There is controversy as to whether the Ten Commandments should be allowed to be posted in schools and government buildings. Those who claim that posting them does not promote a particulare religion are mistaken, in my opinion. Here are the Ten Commandments as taken from Exodus 20:2-17.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
10. Thou shalt not covet.
Only three of these commandments have anything to do with modern day law as far as I can see. Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt no steal, and thou shalt not bear false witness. Even then bearing false witness is only a crime as it pertains to upholding contracts, courtroom testimony, truth in advertising, etc.